InterSystems database has gained popularity because big data is at the core of the digital transformation that’s changing healthcare delivery. With the massive increase in variety and volume of healthcare data, the ability of humans to make effective decisions about a patient’s health and wellbeing is constantly being challenged.
To manage this rapid shift, healthcare applications must use the right technology to open up the massive potential tucked away in the data generated every day.
InterSystems was recognized as Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for operational database management systems. InterSystems had about 90 reviews on the Gartner Peer Insights website and a rating of 4.7/5.0 in January 2019. This rating is higher than the ratings of other companies that offer operational database management applications.
Similarly, Forrester recognized the IRIS data platform as a strong performer among translytical data platforms in its Q4, 2019 report. InterSystems IRIS database earned the best scores in the following areas:
- Data Access
- Data Security
- Data Pipeline
- Performance and Speed
- Customer Support
- Customer Adoption
- Disaster Recovery
Why Should You Choose InterSystems Database?
InterSystems database is the engine working behind many of the world’s most important software applications in various sectors including healthcare. Apart from their robust database system, InterSystems offers development platforms like HealthShare, which solves the problems created by applications spread across multiple systems with data stored in disparate data models.
The database technology powers more than 50% of medical records in the United States and of 500 million people globally.
Using the health informatics platform and database provided by InterSystems, you can accelerate the development of ingenious, connected healthcare solutions. Their platform makes it easy for you to:
- Get and share data in the right format via healthIT integration and interoperability technology and standards
- Perform effective healthcare data management
- Provide web and mobile access to all data users including providers, administrators and patients
- Perform natural language processing in text and voice format
- Obtain analytics that aids planning and improvement in healthcare and profitability for the organization
InterSystems Has Strong Support for Healthcare Application Development
The InterSystems IRIS for Health is the first data platform developed specifically to help organizations extract great value from their healthcare data. This health application development platform uses InterSystems IRIS database, which combines transaction processing, analytics, and built-in interoperability. It offers you a rapid development platform for creating mission-critical applications. And it has unique capabilities for building real-time connected healthcare solutions.
The key features of this platform include:
- Rapid Application Development Framework: It has all you need to develop solutions with Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources, SMART on FHIR and FHIR Server as well as Health Level Seven (HL7).
- Robust Interoperability Support: This includes support for every national and regional interoperability standard including HL7 v2 and v3, DICOM, NCPDP, X12, ASTM, IHE, C-CDA and many more.
- Normalized Data Model: The healthcare data model is designed to be extensible to support future development and to ensure seamless transitions from one standard to another.
Work With an InterSystems Database Partner to Develop Powerful Healthcare Applications
Roxiticus has been developing customized healthIT applications using powerful database technology for over 20 years with over 20,000 projects completed successfully. Give us a call at (201) 590-4000 today for a free consultation.